What is a calling campaign?
The goal of a calling campaign is to reach out to your community or get to know its citizens. You can use it to try to collect donations, for get out the vote operations, to consult citizens etc.
In Qomon, the calling action is designed to create PEER-TO-PEER CALLING LISTS.
The aim is to give your volunteers a list of qualified numbers.
You can then attach to this calling task a brief with all of the instructions and talking points necessary for the success of this action.
How to prepare a calling action?
Consult our free guide on our resources center:
How to launch a calling action on Qomon?
1️⃣ From the "Actions" tab
On the left of your screen, you have the option to "Create an action".
• You must choose the type of action, here "Call". Then, simply choose which filters you want to use to target contacts you want to call. They can be: zones, tags or you can select one or more streets, or more broadly a city.
⚠️ You can also draw an area on the map (Right tab) to group the numbers you want to call; This can be a polling station, a district, a micro-district or even a geographic area (North...).
• Do not forget to put a distinctive title and to put a start and end date if you wish. This will allow your volunteers to plan and organise themselves in the action.
2️⃣ From the "Contact database" tab
On the left of the screen, you have the "Contact database" tab
• By doing it this way, you have the option of filtering your contact base according to different criteria (like age status, etc. for example).
⚠️ Remember to add the "Mobile or home field entered" filter– quite important to allow you to call contacts 😅
You can add any filter to refine your calling campaign.
• Once the part of the base is selected, click on "Actions" and "Create an action" to enter the action creation tunnel!
📲 How does this look on mobile?
Here you have the first 3 screens that the volunteers mobilised for calling action, will find:
• 1: The summary of information needed to carry out the action (date, appointment...). You need to inform the HQ of your participation.
• 2: You have access to your list of contacts to call for this action. Just click on a person to open the next screen to call them. If you want to call other contacts, just click on "Others" and choose another person to enter their list and help them call the contacts.
• 3: The "Start the call" button gives you access to the phone number.
📲 Here is how it goes from there for a calling volunteer:
A great tip is to put yourself on speaker (or headphones) during the call, that way you can easily continue to use Qomon app during the call 🤳
• 4: Once the "Start" button has been selected to start a call, the first question will be to qualify if the person: refuses to talk, is absent, or has answered.
• 5: If the person answers, and you have the person's consent, you enter the discussion. It's time to be convincing in order to retrieve interesting information during the survey. (How to create a survey)
• 6: If the discussion went well, you will probably be able to qualify the contact card with an email address or other personal information. This information is extremely important for your HQ, and for the continuation of the mobilisation.
📲 And finally:
Here are the different screens that allow you to collect information from the field. They are optional, but if the exchange went well, take the opportunity to go further:
• 7: If you click on "Add Comments" you will access the following screens. Otherwise, you may go back to the calling list to call other numbers.
• 8: You can comment on the quality of the discussion to inform the HQ of how the exchange went. Did you manage to mobilise the person ... or not.
• 9: Seize the opportunity! Here, you have one of the most powerful parts of the app. You get to relay the information provided by the contact, both INSTANTLY and without risk of loss.
If the person wishes to be contacted again, do not miss this chance! 😉
If you wish to consult our best practices and advice, think about consulting the calling action guide.
Until next time! ✊