What is phone banking?
Phone banking is a way reach out and canvass your supporters and voters or to get to know your citizens and constituents. You can use it to try to collect donations, for get-out-the-vote operations, sway public opinion, etc...
In Qomon, the calling action is designed to create PEER-TO-PEER CALLING LISTS.
The aim is to give your volunteers a list of qualified numbers.
You can attach a brief with instructions and talking points you've deemed necessary for your members to consult and use during their calling task.
How to prepare a calling action?
Consult our free guide in our resources center:
How to launch a calling action on Qomon?
There are two ways to launch a calling action:
1️⃣ From the "Actions" tab
On the left of your screen, you have the option to "Create an action".
• Choose the type of action, in this case it's "Call". Then, simply choose which filters you want to use to target contacts you want to call. They can filtered by: zones, tags or you can select one or more streets, or more broadly a city.
⚠️ You can also draw an area on the map (Right tab) to group the numbers you want to call; This can be a polling station, a district or neighborhood, or even a geographic area (North...).
• Do not forget to put a distinctive title and to have a start and end date if you wish. This will allow your volunteers to plan and organize themselves.
2️⃣ From the "Contact database" tab
On the left of the screen, you have the "Contact database" tab
• You have the option of filtering your contact base according to different criteria (like age status, etc. for example).
⚠️ Remember to add the "Mobile or home field entered" filter– quite important to allow you to call contacts 😅
You can add any filter to refine your calling campaign.
• Once the part of the base is selected, click on "Actions" and "Create an action" to enter the action creation function.
📲 How does this look on your mobile?
Here are the first 3 screens that the volunteers assigned to the calling action will find:
• 1: The summary of information needed to carry out the action (date, appointment...). You need to inform HQ of your participation.
• 2: You have access to your list of contacts to call for this action. Just click on a person to open the next screen to call them. If you want to call other contacts, just click on "Others" and choose another team member's list and help them call their assigned contacts.
• 3: The "Start the call" button gives you access to the phone number.
📲 Here is how it goes from there for a calling volunteer:
A great tip is to put yourself on speaker (or headphones) during the call, that way you can easily continue to use Qomon app during the call 🤳
• 4: Once the "Start" button is selected to start a call, the first question will be to register if the person: refuses to talk, is absent, or has answered.
• 5: If the person answers, and you have obtained the person's consent, you may enter the discussion. It's time to be convincing in order to gather information during the survey. (How to create a survey)
• 6: If the discussion went well, you will probably be able to register the contact file with an email address or other personal information. This information is extremely important for your HQ and your mobilization efforts!
📲 And finally:
Here are the different screens that allow you to collect information from the field. They are optional, but if the exchange went well, take the opportunity to go further:
• 7: If you click on "Add Comments" you will access the following screens. Otherwise, you may go back to the calling list to call other numbers.
• 8: You can comment on the quality of the discussion to inform the HQ how the exchange went. Did you manage to mobilize the person ... or not.
• 9: Seize the opportunity! Here is one most powerful parts of the app. You get to both relay information provided by the contact and assign their next steps, both INSTANTLY and without risk of loss.
If you wish to consult our best practices and advice, think about consulting our calling action guide.
Until next time! ✊