How is a flyer handout action carried out with Qomon? 📬
To begin, we suggest importing a contact database into your space. To find out more, click here.
⚠️ There are two methods to use the direct mail action:
• Distribute leaflets by targeting addresses in your contact database.
• Handout mail by focusing on a geographical area. This allows you to have a list and cover all of streets in a specified zone.
The purpose of the "handout mail" action is to provide volunteers with a roadmap to conduct organized leafletting. This ensures that all the streets are covered by a volunteer and reported back up to HQ.
Volunteers will receive a notification and roadmap directly on their mobile app once they're assigned to a handout mail action.
💻 How to create a direct mail action from the web platform?
⚠️There are two methods of using direct mail action:
1️⃣ From the "Actions" tab
Make sure you're on the actions tab which can be found on the lefthand side of your screen. On the top right corner, click on "Create an action".
Simply select the type of action, which in this case is "Handout Mail".
Choose the zone in which to carry out the handout mail action. Select one or more streets:
Alternatively, you can also draw an area on the map where you want to conduct leafletting using the cut turf option:
Next, decide which method you will use:
➡️ "the selected area": To target streets where you have contacts, and streets where you don't.
➡️ "On my selected contacts": To target the contacts you have residing in that area.
2️⃣ From the "Map" tab
On the "Map" tab, click on any part of your city that you wish to target for your handout mail action. Two contours are available: "IRIS" (provided by INSEE) and polling stations (electoral breakdown).
You can select one of these areas to initiate a handout mail action from. Click on the "Create an action here" button.
📲 How does this look on the mobile app?
Here are the first 3 screens that volunteers assigned to action will find:
• 1: The notification of the action in progress
• 2: Map, information and notes about action (map, date, time, other info)
• 3: Roadmap with all of the streets and/or specific addresses to conduct their leafletting.
📲 When the volunteer begins:
Qomon is now used as a digital notebook for volunteers. All the tools you need for effective mobilisation are in one app! 🤳
4: They will see a precise list of streets and will be able to click on the 🔘 when they have "Completed" a street.
5: If there is an arrow ▶ ️ on the right of the street name, it means that you can specify the exact number of the address they have visited. They can then mark specific street numbers or buildings as "Complete".
6: Once there's a ☑️ beside all streets, they'll have finished their handout mail action! 🥇. HQ will be informed in real time.
A few tips:
• Use the search bar to find the street or number you are looking for.
• If you've mistakenly marked an address as complete, you can always click on the ☑️ and reopen it.
• You can create the action on one or more streets, or even an entire city.
• If you create a new action for the same area, all streets that were declared as "Completed" in a past action will appear as undone in the new action.